To learn more about Page J. Littlewood, MS, LMFT, please visit her personal website:
I have over twenty years experience in the area of business consulting and team building, and I now pursue my passion of supporting families and relationships at Satir Systems. My work is relationship focused. I work under the assumption that in our relationships, we find meaning in our lives, and in the lack of fulfilling relationships, our heartache is born. I believe that in the business of going about our lives, our relationships depict our life’s work, if not purpose.
My training includes a concentration in Medical Family Therapy. I have experience in using the Satir Model with chronic illness in the context of pancreatic cancer at Duke University Medical Center with clients, families, and clinicians.
I am involved in in-depth advanced study of Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT). EFT emphasizes the role of emotions and their interpersonal impact in recreating the supportive bonds between individuals within the context of couples and families. I recently completed an externship in EFT with Dr. Sue Johnson and am currently enrolled in an intensive upper level training program in EFT to continue my focus on couples work.
Specialties and Interest Areas:
- Individual, Couples, Family Therapy: Easier, more effective ways in handling conflict, changes, and transitions in family structure, improving communication, and strengthening relationships between parents and children.
- Medical Family Therapy and Collaborative Care with Physicians
- Facilitation for Couples, Families, and Children Around Separation and Divorce Issues
- Young Adults: Tools for developing healthy peer relationships, support during the transition to college, and strategies for dealing with stress.
- Support groups: Chronic illness, grief, caregiver and end-of-life issues.
- Facilitation Around Life Transitions
- Supporting Families in Multicultural Contexts
- Supporting relationships in the context of family owned and small businesses. Creating effective ways to deal with transition.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Satir Systems
- Board of Directors, Satir Institute of the Southeast
- Marriage and Family Therapy Intern, Family Therapy Clinic, East Carolina University
- Marriage and Family Therapy Intern, Duke Cancer Client Support Program, Duke University Medical Center
- Business Development Specialist, owned and managed practice providing team building, small business development, consulting, and tax services; managed audit staff of large local firm; staff, international accounting firms
- Author of The Satir Model and Emotionally Focused Therapy: A Response to Lorrie Brubacher, The Satir Journal, Volume 3, Number 1, 2009, pp. 26-37(12)
- Externship in EFT under Dr. Susan Johnson, NY, NY, quarterly intensive trainings 2012
- East Carolina University, Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy, Nu Iota chapter of Kappa Omicron Nu (KON, honor society member), Ursich Marriage and Family Therapy Scholarship recipient
- Rutgers University Graduate School of Management, Masters in Business Administration
- Rutgers University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Drew University, Semester at the United Nations